Wednesday, March 18, 2009

You have an AARP Card, don't you?

Sitting at the end of a bar by yourself always comes with risks. I had no choice, my friends were running late. I ordered a drink and tried not to make eye contact with any of the old townie locals. My first red flag should have been when you said, "Is this seat taken?" as you crept up next to me. I didn't know people still said that. You could probably tell I wasn't interested, so you threw out your 'A' game: "I noticed you as soon as walked in the bar." I assumed it was because I was the only one there under the age of 35. I underestimated you. Or should I say overestimated you. Then you brought out the kicker.

"You look exactly like my daughter."

Hmmm. Interesting. So not only are you admitting to being old enough to be my father, you are hitting on someone you thinks looks like your daughter. Gross. On so many levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment