Sunday, July 17, 2011

You have (The) Game.

Step One: Select a Target
I noticed you looked out of place because you had wandered into a company party, and you did not work for my company. It was obvious to everyone else, but you seemed to be oblivious to it somehow. That was your first mistake. You walked up to my female coworker and I and tried to act suave.

Step Two: Approach and Open
Your second mistake was opening with a line straight out of "The Game," a book on how to pick up women. Your delivery was shoddy, and you didn't pick up on the fact that I recognized the line (and the source). I answered you quickly and honestly, then threw the question back to you and stared at you blankly while you stammered through a response. I blinked at you through the subsequent silence until you walked back to your buddy in defeat. You never quite got to Step Three: Demonstrate Value.


No comments:

Post a Comment